Alkane Resources has released an update on the Boda project. Highlights include:
- Modelling of the recent drilling, including drill hole KSDD009, indicates a +0.2g/t AuEq* subvertical zone of significant gold-copper mineralisation; approximately 500 metres north-south strike length, 400 metres wide and >1100 metres vertically.
- Within this envelope is a +3.0g/t AuEq* high-grade pod approximately 150 metres long, 100 metres wide and >500 metres vertically. Both zones remain open along strike and at depth.
- Assay results received for the final diamond core drill hole of the current drill program, positioned 300 metres south of the discovery hole (KSDD003). Drill hole KSDD009 intersected multiple zones of significant gold-copper mineralisation including:KSDD009 40.0m grading 0.28g/t gold, 0.18% copper from 94m
and 76.2m grading 0.15g/t gold, 0.15% copper from 237.8m
and 28.0m grading 0.30g/t gold, 0.13% copper from 418m
and 17.0m grading 0.24g/t gold, 0.16% copper from 473m
and 2.0m grading 1.14g/t gold, 0.18% copper from 677m
and 152.1m grading 0.18g/t gold, 0.12% copper from 692m
incl 19.0m grading 0.82g/t gold, 0.25% copper from 692m
- Interpretation of the 3D-IP survey completed over a six-kilometre long target corridor (70-line kilometres) has identified strongly conductive targets at Kaiser and, approximately 800 metres south of, Boda.
- A major RC and diamond core drilling program is planned to commence early Q3 2020 to further test the high-grade core and larger resource potential at Boda, as well as other regional targets defined by both the 3D-IP survey and existing Alkane data.
Alkane Resources’ (ASX: ALK) Managing Director, Nic Earner, said: “These results further demonstrate the prospectivity of the Northern Molong Porphyry Project and the world-class nature of the Boda discovery. From what we have seen of the mineralisation to date, we believe Boda has genuine potential to be a large, tier-one gold-copper porphyry project.
“We’ve initiated a substantial program to both increase the drilling density at Boda and adding to our knowledge of regional targets, including testing the Boda South and Kaiser prospects and Boda’s high-grade core.”