Alkane announces a significant expansion of the mineralisation at the Boda discovery in Central New South Wales. Boda is a landmark porphyry gold-copper system, within the Northern Molong Porphyry Project, which the Company believes has the potential to be a large, tier one gold-copper project.
- Drilling at Boda has intersected further extensive zones of gold-copper mineralisation, more than doubling the size of the immediate target zone identified by the discovery drill program in September 2019.
- Drilling shows a subvertical elliptical zone of significant gold-copper mineralisation indicative of a large alkalic porphyry system of 400 metres width that is over 1,000 metres north-south strike length and more than 1,100 metres vertically.
- The extension of mineralisation to the south is driven by assay results received from a diamond core drill hole 500 metres south of the original Boda gold-copper mineralisation.
- This hole was designed to test the Boda Two conductive anomaly identified by 3D-IP electrical geophysics. The hole intersected significant gold mineralisation indicative of a large pyrite shell to another porphyry system:
|KSDD022||102m grading 0.24g/t AuEq* (0.22g/t Au, 0.02% Cu) from 685m|
|and||292m grading 0.66g/t AuEq (0.64g/t Au, 0.02% Cu) from 867m|
|incl||24m grading 1.87g/t AuEq (1.81g/t Au, 0.03% Cu) from 1108m|
- At Boda the drilling continues to intersect extensive zones of gold-copper mineralisation. Significant intercepts include:
|KSDD010||851m grading 0.26g/t AuEq (0.17g/t Au, 0.10% Cu) from 293m|
|Incl||20m grading 0.91g/t AuEq (0.71g/t Au, 0.19% Cu) from 362m|
|and||5m grading 2.15g/t AuEq (2.11g/t Au, 0.03% Cu) from 1139m|
|KSDD011||222m grading 0.33g/t AuEq (0.32g/t Au, 0.05% Cu) from 9m|
|and||877m grading 0.21g/t AuEq (0.14g/t Au, 0.11% Cu) from 391m|
|incl||97m grading 0.39g/t AuEq (0.21g/t Au, 0.17% Cu) from 904m|
|and||10m grading 0.48g/t AuEq (0.22g/t Au, 0.25% Cu) from 1544m|
|KSDD012||1,159m grading 0.30g/t AuEq (0.18g/t Au, 0.12% Cu) from 39m|
|Incl||133m grading 0.49g/t AuEq (0.29g/t Au, 0.20% Cu) from 671m|
|and||63m grading 0.53g/t AuEq (0.33g/t Au, 0.18% Cu) from 1007m|
|KSDD013||834m grading 0.38g/t AuEq (0.24g/t Au, 0.12% Cu) from 198m|
|incl||323m grading 0.54g/t AuEq (0.28g/t Au, 0.24% Cu) from 623m|
|incl||29m grading 1.07g/t AuEq (0.60g/t Au, 0.45% Cu) from 672m|
|and||24m grading 1.45g/t AuEq (0.59g/t Au, 0.81% Cu) from 804m|
|KSRC032||503m grading 0.22g/t AuEq (0.10g/t Au, 0.11% Cu) from 0m to end of hole|
|incl||57m grading 0.55g/t AuEq (0.28g/t Au, 0.25% Cu) from 446m to end of hole|
|KSRC038||404m grading 0.42g/t AuEq (0.35g/t Au, 0.07% Cu) from 94m to end of hole|
|Incl||17m grading 0.96g/t AuEq (0.92g/t Au, 0.03% Cu) from 302m|
|and||12m grading 2.14g/t AuEq (1.93g/t Au, 0.20% Cu) from 341m|
- Drilling continues at Boda targeting the high-grade mineralisation as well, adding further definition within and extensions to the identified mineralised system.
- A second diamond drilling rig has mobilised to the project and drill testing of targets within the northwest trending Kaiser-Boda corridor including the conductive IP anomaly at Kaiser is also underway.
Alkane Managing Director, Nic Earner, said, “The Boda discovery just keeps getting bigger and bigger. We have extended the mineralisation to the north, and, to the south, we have either an extension or a whole new system emerging. We believe Boda is shaping up to be a large, tier one gold-copper porphyry project.
“We’ve mobilised a second diamond rig to site and are currently targeting the identified high grade areas, infilling the very long and deep mineralised system and testing identified anomalies at Kaiser and further to the south of Boda, an area about 5 kilometres in length.
“We anticipate being able to report the next round of results from this campaign in late December this year.”
Alkane also operates the nearby Tomingley Gold Operations and is working towards becoming Australia’s next multi-mine gold producer.