Alkane advises that the approval process with the New South Wales Government to allow the development of the San Antonio and Roswell deposits, within the Company’s 100% owned Tomingley Gold Project (TGP) in Central West New South Wales, is well underway.
- Extensive consultation has been taking place with local landholders and key government agencies.
- This consultation is expanding to broader community and stakeholders.
- Preliminary pit and underground designs have been prepared to show potential plans and impacts during this consultation.
- The surveys and testing needed to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement are underway.
- Land that will be affected by the potential development has been purchased or is under contract.
- Resource drilling continues to allow further resource upgrades, which will allow detailed economic evaluation once the resource definition has increased.
Alkane’s Managing Director, Nic Earner, said “Whilst still conceptual in nature and expected to change through consultation, the open cut and underground designs currently being considered would allow a significant extension to the life of Tomingley Gold Operations (TGO) on approval.
“We have been proactive in our engagement locally, regionally and with the NSW State Government, and we look forward to the next stage of engagement with regulators, stakeholders and the community.”