Listed on the ASX since 1969 and owned by around 6,400 shareholders – including many local investors interested in regional development – Alkane Resources is a gold production company with a multi-commodity exploration and development portfolio.
Alkane’s priority is our multi-faceted gold investment strategy to increase value for shareholders and strengthen the company for the long-term. We have a major focus on gold exploration and production through our wholly owned subsidiary, Tomingley Gold Operations and at our Peak Hill Gold Mine, both in central-western NSW. We are also pursuing other gold investment and development opportunities. Learn more
The wellbeing of our local communities is extremely important to Alkane, and we strive to leave a positive legacy. We promote the development of more resilient regional communities by creating permanent infrastructure, training and employment, preferring local service providers, and supporting local causes and events. Learn more
As the first link in a sustainable supply chain, Alkane upholds stringent social and environmental standards for the mining and processing of our products.
Our Core Values
- Integrity – We will act with personal integrity and fairness; communicate openly, honestly and constructively; build and maintain trust with our work mates; be transparent in approaches to each other; act with we ‘walk the talk’.
- Effectiveness – We are performance and outcome orientated; focus on business goals and objectives; assess appropriate allocation of resources, energy and time when undertaking tasks; demonstrate constructive and deliberate actions to ensure delivery of service; seek out opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Sustainability – We will surpass our shareholder’s expectations; think both short and long term; foster business relationships; deliver on our obligations to environment and community.
- Innovation – We will promote continuous improvement; encourage and value new ideas; assess and provide constructive feedback; be prepared to ask “why” and challenge boundaries; regularly benchmark our performance against similar businesses with the objective to improve; think ahead, anticipate obstacles and provide solutions; demonstrate initiative; celebrate successes.
- Safety and Wellbeing – We will operate according to company plans, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines; demonstrate a duty of care to self and others; be vigilant for and promote safety improvements; identify hazards and control them in a timely manner; demonstrate a balance between working and home life.
- Professionalism – We will be accountable and follow through with commitments; volunteer and demonstrate enthusiasm for challenges; operate with a bias for action; strive to exceed the standards and expectations of the business; lead and influence others in a positive way – “lead by example”; acknowledge mistakes.
- Transparency – We will seek feedback in order to achieve open communication and foster collaboration; offer constructive feedback to others that is timely, specific and descriptive; be proactive in communicating outcomes across our sites and to the corporate team.