Project: Tomingley Gold Operations (Tomingley Gold Project)
Location: Tomingley, NSW
Years of operation: 2014 – present
Tomingley Gold Operations (TGO) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alkane, located approximately 50km southwest of Dubbo in central-western NSW. Activities since 2014 include open cut and underground mining (since 2019), initially of the Wyoming and Caloma deposits. TGO continues to explore opportunities to extend the life of the mine and processing plant.
Key facts and information
- The gold processing plant was commissioned in January 2014.
- Pouring of the first gold bar occurred on 14 February 2014.
- Mining and processing reached full 1Mtpa design capacity in May 2014.
- Open cut mining commenced in 2014, producing 60,000 to 80,000 ounces of gold per year.
- The four open cut pits at Tomingley are Wyoming One (completed 2019), Wyoming Three (completed 2015), Caloma One (completed 2017) and Caloma Two (completed 2019).
- In the life of the operation, we have mined more than 7.9 million tonnes of ore and produced more than 470,000 ounces of gold (as of 31 December 2021).
- Underground mining development commenced in 2019 from the base of the Wyoming One open cut.
- The current project approval extends to December 2025.
- We are also seeking State Significant Development (SSD) approval for the Tomingley Gold Extension Project, based on the San Antonio and Roswell deposits immediately to the south.
- The revised life of mine plan, incorporating the San Antonio and Roswell Resources, extends to at least 2031.
- Total resources at TGO and the exploration tenements to the immediate south are now in excess of one million ounces of contained gold.
- TGO is undertaking progressive rehabilitation of the site to stable and productive ecosystems as viable.
- Project biodiversity offset areas are protected by binding Conservation Property Vegetation Plans, signed in agreement with regional Local Land Services organisations.
Tomingley Gold Extension Project
Want to know more?
- Contact the Environment and Community Manager David Pritchard on email@example.com or (02) 6867 9780.
- Sign up to receive Tomingley Community Newsletters by email, or read our latest community newsletter.